Alimony Club (prison) was once here.
Abandoned Places Jails, Prisons No Longer There Schools, Universities
Alimony Club (prison) was once here.

The Ludlow Street Jail (formerly 70 Ludlow St.), aka The Alimony Club (debtor's prison) moved in to a former police station here in 1927, was razed, and replaced by the high school in 1929 (according to the NY Times, 9/16/12, at Metropolitan p.2). The school closed in 2006.

Publication date Jun 24, 2018
Property ID: 490
Updated on: Sep 01, 2019

The Ludlow Street Jail (formerly 70 Ludlow St.), aka The Alimony Club (debtor's prison) moved in to a former police station here in 1927, was razed, and replaced by the high school in 1929 (according to the NY Times, 9/16/12, at Metropolitan p.2). The school closed in 2006.

info

Location:
Seward Park High School (closed 2006) , 434 West 37th Street, New York, 10018, United States
Listing Category:
Abandoned Places Jails, Prisons No Longer There Schools, Universities
Virtual / Real:
Virtual
Created Date:
06-24-2018
Created by
plaquemaster
All locations from this user

Share

Google Ads